Neil Ward-Dutton posted a nice quick-take on low-code and automation: Just uploaded my third weekly quick-take video: Let's talk about low-code....
10 Low-Code/No-Code Trends for 2024
Explore the top 10 low-code/no-code trends for 2024 and discover how these innovative solutions can accelerate development and empower businesses.
10 Low-Code/No-Code Trends for the Upcoming Year
- Market Growth: The low-code/no-code market is projected to reach $86.9 billion by 2027, driven by demand for quick app delivery and digital transformation.
- Widespread Adoption: By 2025, low-code tools are expected to account for over 70% of software development, enabling non-technical users to contribute to app creation.
- Key Trends: Increased adoption by large enterprises, rise of citizen developers, integration with AI, IoT, blockchain, and enhanced security and governance features.
- Industry-Specific Platforms: Development of specialized low-code platforms for industries like healthcare and manufacturing, focusing on tailored solutions.
- Benefits: Low-code/no-code platforms reduce development costs, speed up app development, increase business agility, empower non-technical staff, and improve access to innovation.
- Modernization and Support: The article emphasizes the use of these platforms for modernizing legacy applications and offers specialized services for support.
The Rise of Low-Code Solutions
Top 10 Low-Code/No-Code Trends for 2024
1. Increased Adoption by Larger Enterprises
2. The Rise of Citizen Developers
3. Integration with Other Technologies
4. Improved Security and Governance
5. Specialized Platforms for Specific Industries or Use Cases
6. Data Analysis and Visualization
7. Integration with Traditional Software Development Tools
8. Rapid Prototyping and MVP Development
9. Adoption by Small and Midsize Businesses
10. The Emergence of New Low-Code/No-Code Platforms and Tools
Main Benefits of Low-Code/No-Code Solutions
- Reduced Costs: Leveraging low-code/no-code solutions significantly reduces your development costs. These platforms streamline the development process by minimizing the need for extensive coding expertise. This cuts down on the time and resources that were traditionally required for software development.
Intuitive interfaces enable quicker iterations, reducing development cycles and the associated expenses. As these platforms evolve, you'll witness a substantial decrease in costs related to hiring specialized developers, resulting in more budget-friendly app creation.
- Faster Development Times: Embracing low-code/no-code solutions facilitates rapid app development thanks to simple drag-and-drop components, prebuilt templates, and visual interfaces. This simplified development environment allows you to swiftly respond to evolving market demands.
Additionally, integrating AI-driven functionalities for automated processes and code generation will usher in an era of unparalleled speed in development.
- Increased Agility: Since low-code solutions allow for quick modifications and updates, they're adaptable to various use cases. So it's possible to align them with your changing business needs. It's also easy to integrate these platforms with emerging technologies, which will enhance your ability to pivot in response to market shifts.
- Empowered Citizen Developers: These tools democratize app development, enabling individuals from diverse backgrounds within your organization to actively contribute to software creation. Employees without extensive coding skills can now play a pivotal role in developing innovative solutions. This empowerment of citizen developers drives innovation and a more collaborative approach to software development.
- Improved Access to Innovation: The low-code future will provide unprecedented access to innovation. For instance, more businesses are integrating their solutions with cutting-edge technologies such as augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR). While this technology has dominated specific industries, recent developments by companies like Meta and Apple show that AR/VR elements will increasingly be used for training, simulation, or customer engagement purposes.
Leverage Our Application Modernization Tool for Low-Code/No-Code Development