Interview with Scott Francis: BP3, Mobile BPM, and IBM
- May 7, 2013
- 0 Comments
IBM has started posting the interviews we participated in at IBM Impact. The following video is actually the first interview I did on-site at Impact. I might be a little too active for a standing interview but I like how the interview came out overall.
- BP3 is the deepest and most prolific BPM partner for IBM BPM.
- We focus on making BPM and Mobile BPM easy for customers so that software is in the background and the business process is in the foreground.
- In Mobile, the focus is too often on the problems that have to be solved before you get to do the fun stuff of deploying great mobile apps. Brazos and BP3 allow you to put the focus on the value and put software issues into the background where they belong.
- Take advantage of locality and geolocation.
- HTML5 really helps address the “BYOD” phenomenon. We previously focused more on native apps, but with BYOD and also better underlying technologies for building apps, it made sense for us to build Brazos on HTML5.
- MobileFirst ties all the IBM offerings together into a more cohesive story
- There’s a synergy between Brazos, which generates demand for Worklight, and Worklight itself
- The best time to engage BP3 – when you have a BPM, or Mobile BPM, project. We do this one thing very well.