Jim Sinur: Ten Things
- April 25, 2017
- 0 Comments
Jim Sinur presented again at bpmNEXT this year – this time in his new role at Aragon Research. He focused on 10 technologies that impact BPM in the next 5 years. I didn’t catch them all in my notes but I did capture key points.
- Predictive Apps are getting smarter. There will be more cognitive, more machine learning, and more work on decision criteria.
- Big data and deep learning. Think of it as a spectrum from machine learning to deep learning, to cognitive computing.
- Internet of things. Issues with standards, but otherwise this is moving inexorably in the right direction for participating in enterprise process.
- Sales engagement platforms – and later service engagement platforms.
- Video enabled business applications
- Virtual reality – with learning as an enterprise use case.
- Rise of work hubs and platforms – hubs that work around a role or set of functions.
- Putting drones to work
- Blockchain. Enough said.
- Digital Business Platform – there’s room for one in Jim’s mind. The counter argument is that it is a loose constellation of capabilities and tools, brought together for specific solutions.
In short, there are a lot of waves coming in, and surfing them will be an adventure over the next 5 years!