Biscuits in Austin
- October 19, 2017
- 0 Comments
This article from Eater Austin just feels so… Austin.
“Where to Find Great Biscuits in Austin” – an article that you might think would have a recommendation or 3, has an interactive map with no less than 16 entries.
My thoughts on their list:
- Olamie – they’re not wrong. The biscuits are off-menu, and among the best I’ve ever had.
- Fixe – In the great biscuit incident of 2017, I once ordered three rounds of biscuits. And offended our British colleagues who insisted that these delightful foods were not biscuits. Still separated by a common language.
- Contigo – I can confirm that these are awesome.
- Dai Due butcher shop – yep, their biscuits are legit.
- Stella San Jac- the question is can you order these at midnight.
- Lambert’s BBQ – biscuits and BBQ brunch – what could go wrong.
- El Dorado – this one is one exit away from our office, but a brand new restaurant in Austin. I’m going to have to get over there and try the biscuits after dropping our kids off at school!
I’m not sure whether to be proud or reprimanded that I’ve tried nearly half of the biscuits on the list…