Another Sign that Austin Keeps Getting Better: Ramen
- April 10, 2015
- 0 Comments
The fact that someone saw the need to put together a list of “top” Ramen places in Austin is, in and of itself, a breakthrough.
The more shocking thing is that they missed two:
- Musashino – a sushi bar near Far West and Mopac, Musashino serves Ramen during lunch that is incredibly good. They also offer a variety with brisket rather than the more traditional meat options.
- Shabu – in particular I’m a fan of their “Street Ramen” with spam, egg, and a lot of heat (spice).
But let’s get to the list:
- Ramen Tatsu-ya – basically single-handedly responsible for amping up the craze in Austin. I’d like it even better if I could get in without standing in line behind a bunch of UT students!
- Komé – another great japanese restaurant with Ramen for lunch. I haven’t tried it yet myself.
- Daruma Ramen – a newer place downtown, apparently affiliated with Komé
- Michi Ramen – one of my favorites because of the japanese ice cream and the fact that it is still possible to get in with < 30 minutes of wait time.
- East Side King at Hole in the Wall – they have a great menu outside of the Ramen, but definitely don’t skip the Ramen!
I’m a fan. Now I’ll really be impressed when we need a top 5 list for Dim Sum…