Brazos UI Toolkit 2.0 GA Release
Make your IBM BPM Solutions Mobile Ready from Day One
The Brazos toolkit is based on a responsive UI framework so that your BPM UI can automatically adjust its appearance based on the size of the browser being used. It also leverages your devices’ built in UI for common interface elements such as selection lists, date pickers, radio buttons, calendars - and most importantly, touch. The bottom line is that developing beautiful mobile ready interfaces for your IBM BPM solution has never been so easy.
A Few Brazos Benefits:
- Build more appealing UI's
- Promote user adoption through intuitive business friendly design
- Improve screen real estate through advanced formatting options
- Build one UI that is distributed across all devices
- Fully integrated with IBM's Process Designer
- Mobile enable your IBM BPM processes today!
Check out this 1-minute trailer that gives you a sense of what you can accomplish with the Brazos UI Toolkit on IBM BPM:
For Brazos 2.0 - which is now Generally Available, we have followed through on the promise of Brazos:
- Rich iconic design scheme expanded
- Responsive layout, easier to configure
- Natural mobile and touch experience
- Tabular and nested tabular data - including drag-and-drop editing in Process Designer
- Drag-and-drop document upload
- Dynamic computation (sums, percentages, discounts)
- Complex data manipulation capabilities
- Leverages IBM BPM native error handling capabilities
- Many fixes and improvements
In addition, during the Beta period we made the following additional improvements:
- The “Brazos 2.0 Examples” process app – all-new for the GA to help you get started with Brazos. The entire guide and examples were built using Brazos – highly self-referential. Scenarios, examples, and explanations for each one.
- A user guide, also built using Brazos. So you can see how it works in the Coach Designer.
- An interactive Brazos CSS Generator built with Brazos coach views – customize the look and feel of Brazos… using Brazos!
- Great Responsive UI examples.
- The entire guide is accessible in your phone or tablet(!)
- New Date control
- Simplified Layout (auto-calculating defaults)
- New wizard/button group control
The following Wind Study demonstration illustrates many of these enhancements in a live environment, all implemented with Brazos v2.0.
If you are interested in seeing how the Wind Study demo is implemented in Brazos 2.0, you can find it HERE.
Why Use Brazos?
We have been asked what differentiates our Brazos UI Toolkit from other toolkits out there - and while we think it is pretty obvious once you look at it, the key differentiator is that our toolkit can help you sell the processes you are building to your users- increasing user adoption and acceptance of important process improvements. It looks fantastic on a desktop or laptop browser, and it looks equally good on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. That usually means happy users.
We used an early version effectively within a pilot project in the fall of 2012. At BP3, we are now using our toolkit on all of our projects, and every new project we start from here on out will make use of Brazos. So you know we will continue to invest because this is a key part of our business across all of our customers.
The other key difference, of course, is that our toolkit is being offered free of charge.
What's The Catch?
We were asked several times at Impact, what the catch was. The ONLY catch is that we require, via the EULA (End User License Agreement), that when the toolkit is distributed to customers (or any third party) that the receiver be registered via our landing page rather than by passing on the export directly:
That is literally the only "catch".
How Do I Use It?
In addition to the Wind Farm how-to video, we're also pleased to share a quick overview of the Brazos Examples Process App:
We've updated our original how-to video with a new video for Brazos version 2.0. It covers all the bases for the Wind Farm demo - and if you're familiar with Brazos 1.0, you'll notice quite a few improvements - streamlined table control editing in particular!
If you're familiar with building coaches in IBM BPM 8.0 or later, you'll be right at home with building UI with Brazos.
How to Request Brazos?
We think the approach to building UI for IBM BPM with Brazos really works well for us and for our customers. In fact, it works so well that we wouldn't want any of our customers to have to deploy BPM with out it.
One of the big questions customers and partners, and IBMers have had for BP3 as we've introduced Brazos, is: "How can I get official support for Brazos?" They understand that IBM fully supports all the APIs and mechanisms that Brazos uses to integrate with IBM BPM - but for the additional code BP3 has delivered inside Brazos, what are the support options?
We provide four support options to help customers protect and preserve their investments in great BPM user interfaces.
No support package. You're kicking the tires - no problem! The only requirement we have is that you agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA). Take Brazos for a spin and see if it works for your organization. You're welcome to download Brazos and use it, provided you register as a user and agree to the EULA. Join the mailing list and we'll be happy to email you when there is Brazos news to share. You can even read knowledge base articles on our support site and submit any issues you encounter.
Basic - Developer Support. You're an independent contractor looking to use Brazos on your projects. This support level includes:
- Receive all Brazos updates and releases via the mailing list
- Submit bugs and enhancement requests directly to the Brazos development team via Jira.
- Have access - through Jira - to see outstanding reported issues, requested features, and planned enhancements
- Have access to forums.
Gold Support. You're an IBM BPM customer, or a larger consulting firm. You want more than the basics, you want a business relationship with BP3 and support for critical components of your go-live strategy for BPM. You want committed dates for fixes or enhancements. This support level includes:
- Everything from the Developer Support package
- Receive commitments for specific fixes - with planned release dates
- Receive recommended workarounds or solutions for reported issues
- Receive priority for your bug fixes over the enhancement list
- Receive support across multiple versions of IBM BPM simultaneously
Platinum Support. You're an IBM BPM Customer, and you want a business relationship with BP3 to support your critical BPM UI components. You want to leverage something like Brazos, but you need customized controls for your use cases and priorities. You want BP3 to build the controls for you, because you also want to benefit from all the community development going on. With Platinum support, BP3 will maintain your own custom build of Brazos. This support level includes:
- Everything from Developer Support.
- Everything from Gold Support.
- BP3 builds and maintains a custom build of Brazos toolkit for you - including custom Brazos controls built for your needs.
- BP3 provides ongoing support and fixes for custom build of Brazos Toolkit
- BP3 merges in desired elements from the main Brazos branch.
We want you to use Brazos. And we want you to be successful with it and protect your investment. For pricing contact us at email@example.com