Remarkable Employees Make Processes Better
This post is spot on for remarkable employees. Not that it covers everything, but each of the items in the list is certainly true.
- Ignore job descriptions
- Eccentricity – hey, I’ll admit this isn’t a requirement it just has a high correlation. Apologies, BP3 team – you know who you are!
- They know when to dial it back. I call this being situationally aware.
- They publicly praise others when they kick a**.
- The complain privately – but effectively.
- They’ll speak up when others won’t. Maybe I just like this one because it described me when I was an employee…
- They like to prove others wrong – you know who you are.
- Always fiddling.
Great employees follow processes. Remarkable employees find ways to make those processes even better, not only because they are expected to… but because they just can’t help it.How could I not like this article…