McKinsey Quarterly Covers Automation of Service Operations
McKinsey Quarterly article, which relates the tale of a service automation effort gone awry. As I started to read it, I was sure that the author would take the tactic of implying workflow and automation were a waste of money. Surprisingly, the article takes a turn midway through to show how, in this case, the company turned around their project by getting back to basics:A colleague of mine pointed me to an interesting
- Don’t allow limitations of paper- and manual-based processes to continue into an automated world
- Test drive process changes before cementing them in software.
- Field test for important success factors
- Build a minimalistic solution
- Work on changing culture at the same time that you work on the Information Technology.