Why Does Microsoft Think We're Stupid?
“I suggested they make it less complicated. Guess what? Now it’s less complicated. I so rule.” “I’m a PC. And windows 7 was my idea.” “Windows 7: I wanted simpler, now it’s simpler. I’m a rock star.”Each of these quotes has a picture of a person to go with it to lend it credibility. But look these ads make me crazy. First, where’s the authenticity in the advertising? What do I mean by authenticity?
- Who are these people that are quoted? Tell me who they really are, if they’re supposed to represent me.
- Did they even know they were posing for Windows 7 ads or are these just stock photos?
- Did they have any say on what quotes would be attributed to them via these ads? I doubt it.
- Would a real person say these things? Why?
- Did Microsoft solicit our opinions on what Windows 7 should be? I must have missed that memo or survey.
- Did Microsoft actually get any ideas from the particular people quoted BEFORE they built the product? Again, I doubt it.