Priorities, Skills, and BPM
Setting the Right Priorities. His point isn’t about BPM (the article is a somewhat humorous recounting of the many mistakes he feels he made in his start-up). But it reminded me of a conversation I must have had 100 times since I started working on BPM projects. People always ask questions like:Just read a great article (no surprise!) by Joel Spolsky on
- What project management skills do we need to be successful?
- What technical skills do I need to be successful in BPM?
- What programming languages do I need to look for when I recruit someone?
- Is it hard to do that? (where “that” might be any particular change in the process)
- What kind of process analysis skills do we need to be successful.